Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Phantom of the Opera Movie Soundtrack


Am I to risk my life to win the chance to live?



Review:
I wish to tell you that the book is way better but there is no gain in comparing the two. No one can beat own imagination but I can admit that the movie is successful in bringing the emotions behind the songs.

If there is one thing very admirable about this movie, I will over again say that it is the cinematography. I am amazed that the geniuses behind Phantom of the Opera are able to bring Paris Opera House into life again. It is as if I am able to visit the palace before the 27-hour fire burned the history piece down. The people behind the movie are amazing.

However, i wanted more from the Phantom, i wish him to be more manly so i can feel the pain in the last part of the movie. I expect the character to be like beast in movie, Beauty and the Beast.

After all, I can say that it remains to be the best movie for me.

Finally, we are to talk about the movie soundtrack. My heart melts as the sounds accompany the lonely scenes of the movie. I can still remember Christine DaaƩ sad face and the love that she tried to keep from her smiling eyes.

Original American - The Phantom of the Opera

 

1. Overture
2. Think of Me
3. Angel of Music
4. The Mirror (Angel of Music)
5. The Phantom of the Opera
6. The Music of the Night
7. Prima Donna
8. All I Ask of You
9. All I Ask of You (Reprise)
10. Masquerade
11. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again
12. The Point of No Return
13. Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer
14. Learn to Be Lonely

The Soundtrack List:

I. The Phantom of the Opera
• Angel of Music
• The Mirror
• Phantom of the Opera
• Why Have you Bought me Here
• Pont of No Return
• Masquerade
• Learn to be Lonely

II. Christine DaaƩ
• Think of Me
• All I ask of You
• Notes Twisted Every Wa

III. Others

• Prologue
• Overture/Hannibal
• Little Lotte
• Music of the Night
• Magical Lasso
• I Remember/Stranger Than You Dreamt It
• Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh/Il Muto
• We Hall All Been Blind
• Chandelier Crash
• Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer
• No One Would Listen


Official Sound Track:



Think of Me


CHRISTINE:
Think of me, think of me fondly,
when we've said goodbye.
Remember me once in a while -
please promise me you'll try.
When you find that, once again, you long
to take your heart back and be free -
if you ever find a moment,
spare a thought for me

We never said our love was evergreen,
or as unchanging as the sea -
but if you can still remember
stop and think of me . . .

Think of all the things
we've shared and seen -
don't think about the way things
might have been . . .

Think of me, think of me waking,
silent and resigned.
Imagine me, trying too hard
to put you from my mind.
Recall those days
look back on all those times,
think of the things we'll never do -
there will never be a day,
when I won't think of you . . .

RAOUL:
Can it be? Can it be Christine?
Bravo!
Long ago, it seems so long ago
How young and innocent we were...
She may not remember me,
but I remember her...

CHRISTINE
Flowers fades,
The fruits of summer fade,
They have their seasons, so do we
but please promise me, that sometimes
you will think of me!

[Thanks to mpbandgurl for lyrics]

No comments:

Post a Comment